INFORMATION ABOUT US
The Site is operated by Bike Events Ltd. Bike Events is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 3017518 and has its registered office at Royal Oak House, Royal Oak Ave., Bristol BS1 4GB
Any references to “we”, “us” or “our” shall be taken as references to Bike Events Ltd. Any references to “you” or “your” shall be taken as references to users of the Site.
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time we may restrict access to some parts, or the entire Site.
3. ACCEPTABLE USE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to the Site, or to make contact with other users of the Site, you must comply with our ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with these standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any breach to the relevant authorities and your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
You will abide by the specific rules of any competition or promotion that your participate in through the Site. Unless we tell you otherwise, all prize draws and competitions offered through the Site are not open to residents outside the United Kingdom.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. All such rights are reserved.
You will not, and you will not assist or facilitate any third party to, copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, frame, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material or content.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on the Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
5. OUR LIABILITY
We have taken reasonable care in the preparation of the Site. The material displayed on the Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, this expressly excludes:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it. This shall include, without limitation, any liability for loss of income or revenue, business, profits or contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill, wasted management time and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by the terms above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
6. YOUR LIABILITY
You shall be liable to us for any loss, liability or cost we as a result of your use of this Site or any breach of these terms and conditions. By using this Site you agree to indemnify and hold harmless British Cycling against all legal fees, claims, liabilities, damages, costs, losses and other expenses that may be incurred or suffered by us as a result of your use of the Site or breach of these terms and conditions.
7. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or any loss of damage that may arise from your use of them.
8. LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement where none exists. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with our acceptable use policy. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
11. APPLICABLE LAW
Should you wish to make any comments or have any questions about the Site please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptable Usage Policy – All users
This Acceptable Usage Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.bike-events.co.uk (our site) including all electronic tools and features of your member dashboard.
1) Content standards
All content must adhere to the spirit and the letter of the following standard. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- You must own the copyright or have the express permission of the copyright holder for all content including but not limited to text and images (including video and animations). Any content found to be in breach of this will be removed.
- Not contain nudity or sexually explicit material.
- Not include or encourage violent or threatening behaviour including bullying or harassment of other users or third parties.
- No discriminatory images or text including but not limited to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or medical condition.
- Identity and privacy; users may not publish any personnel information of any third parties.
- No libellous or potentially libellous or defamatory statements.
- No content which seeks to undermine Bike Events Ltd., or is in direct opposition the rules, regulations and policies of Bike Events Ltd.
- Not give the impression that opinions and views emanate from Bike Events Ltd., if this is not the case.
- Not contain malicious items including but not limited to viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
2) Violations of this policy may result in:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent suspension of your access to on-line tools and your dashboard and account.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any content created by you.
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the violation
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
3) Revision of policy
We may revise this Acceptable Usage Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Thank you for visiting the Site